Monday, March 2, 2009

It starts again?



Whoever has known me for any length of time can not possibly forget the trauma/drama of the twins in toddler beds. Also known as "The 2 years of Pain". We tried it all. The above pictures show what we got in return. The best advice (in hindsight) I received was in a twin parenting book: SPLIT THEM UP! I wasn't ready to do that until we finally went through with it, anyway!


Now, the reason I bring this up is that last night, the worst thing happened. Samuel climbed out of his crib. And climbed out. And climbed out. We kept putting him back but by 10 pm, we were tired. So we spent the night with a little guy in our bed--a quick fix to the problem. Although, he was really sweet patting my cheek as he fell asleep. :) Now in theory, one child will be easier than two, right? He'll catch right on. Right?
The above picture shows the method of escape--the chair is the soft landing after he catapults himself over the rail. Tonight, my parents will probably be putting the kids to bed so wish them luck...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes that brings back the memories of them on her bed, on his bed, in the middle of the floor, on the chairs, anywhere but their own beds!! LOVE it! It is so funny to me, he's not in my bed! I wouldn't sleep for a second! Can you split him up???

    ReplyDelete