Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dinner at 6??


I get teased a lot about my early eating habits. Brian gets home at 4:30 and it's not at all uncommon to find us having supper almost immediately. In my defense, this started when Brian wasn't taking a lunch--or he'd just take an apple--and he'd be starving by the time he came home. Now it's just habit. In fact today I was worrying over this nice weather. We end up going outside after Samuel's nap and that means I can't start supper until Brian gets home--thus, we eat later! Thankfully today that is no problem because supper is easy (on that note, I am making honey balsamic chicken and Parmesan roasted cauliflower--feeling pretty proud already).


The point of this post and the picture is this...I dragged out my old prayer notebook. It was a gift from Brian in 2001 and I added new refills to it in 2003 but only used it about a week before shoving it aside for a prettier journal. I got it back out because I am up early in the morning to have my quiet time and then exercise but I can't always focus that early. Having this journal is a huge help to get me on task instead of staring into space, planning my day. As I flipped through the journal to read old stuff, I was struck by the daily planner page. This was before I was even pregnant with the twins (only about a week before, actually!). I had it pretty easy is all I'm saying. But I had supper scheduled in for 6 pm!!! I can barely believe that. I told Brian and he said "That seems pretty late.". Ha! We are brainwashed now. I guess that's how wild and crazy we were BK (before kids).

2 comments:

  1. You're so inspiring, both with the prayer journal and the dinner plans...can I get those recipes?? You are making me hungry at 10:30 because we ate supper at 4:45 due to a baseball game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Don't worry..when I read the other about toddler beds, I just rolled my eyes!!! Some people just don't "get" the mischeif little twins can get into!!! It was great to hear my thoughts were seconded by another mommy whose been there! :)

    ReplyDelete