Sunday, March 22, 2009

Starting Spring Break!



Spring Break is here! I am much more excited than my children about not chauffeuring them around all week long. I am looking forward to a wonderful week to get caught up on household things, spend more time with the kids and enjoy the break from the van. Brian even has a break from Bible study. To start our Spring Break, the twins and I headed to Wasserbahn Saturday morning to meet my side of the family. Unfortunately, Brian had to stay home because Samuel was a very sick little man.

Wasserbahn was tons of fun and this year I got to try out the slides!! My nephew, Jaden, called me a "scaredy cat" but I did end up trying the red slide and I lived. :) The 6 grandkids that went got to stay all night, swim tons, play on the playground, eat out, watch 2 new movies and snack on all kinds of goodies. Grandma and Papa PJ and Uncle Steve were kind enough to do the chaperoning. I came home to relieve Brian of sick duty and I regretted it! What a fussy one we had Saturday night--just like a newborn! Thankfully, he is fever free today and I am confident the rest of spring break will be practically sick-free (those coughs linger so I have to count that!).

2 comments:

  1. We can't find an indoor waterpark here, can you believe that? That is something we really miss! Sounds like you all enjoyed it enough for all of us! YEAH! Sorry Samuel and Brian missed out :o( HOpe he's back to full steam. We have those darn lingering coughs here too! Have a fun break! We have ours in April...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys have a wonderful Spring Break!! that was my favorite thing - not having somewhere to be everyday at a set time!! :-)

    ReplyDelete