Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dancing Rants and Raves

*I will get the rant out of the way so we can end positively. I am a fan of Dancing with the Stars. In fact, it's family tradition. Brian has his Bible study on Mondays so my parents come over to help me with the kids (after a long day with them!!) and we watch Dancing. Yes, my Dad protests but it's fun. There was a time when my sister and her youngest would come over, too. Anyway, the new season started but there is a star from Jacka** and S*x and the City so there's 2 new vocabulary words for my kids. You should've heard my Dad and I yelling over the TV to cover the language. I guess we'll have to watch without sound.*

Now on a more positive note, I have to talk about Lily's Dance class. First of all because she recently got her costume for her recital and they have performed for us Moms at the last 2 practices. So cute!! This last practice, Hunter gave Lily a big hug and told her she was "Great!".


The other reason I want to bring up dance is because of my boys. When I was looking at times available for Lily to take dance, just about everybody told me NOT to do daytime where I would have to keep the boys busy for a whole hour while Lily dances. I'm not saying I wasn't scared about doing a daytime slot but it just seemed to fit best in our lives. I am so glad we went with it. It is so fun!! Yes, there are Mondays that it is super stressful but for the most part, the boys do wonderfully. We sit in the cafe a lot of the time (as pictured below) and I bring a snack from home. They ignore all the goodies sitting out on the counter and eat what I bring. They play with the other kids (up to 8 kids sometimes in a small space!) and I get to chat with one of my good friends, Stephanie, whose oldest daughter dances in that class, as well. I think I might be sad when dance is over for this session.


No comments:

Post a Comment