Friday, March 20, 2009

Food and Musical Beds


Does anyone else play musical beds when there is a sickness going on? This is just the way Brian and I handle middle of the night illness. The boys share a room so we feel like the sick one should move to the living room to not disturb the other one. Lily is so far away (upstairs) from the bathroom and from us that we move her, as well. This has worked for us until Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Lily was the 1st one up, thinking she was going to throw up so we moved her to the couch. No biggie. Hunter then got up a bit later, coughing and upset about it. He wanted to sleep on the couch but I said they were full (Brian takes the bigger couch when a sickie is out there) so he climbed in bed with me. Hours later, there is Samuel up wheezing and coughing and crying. Where to put him?? After moving around and thinking of options, I slept in Hunter's bed with Samuel. Brian layed with Hunter in our bed and Lily was on her own in the living room. Whew! We were exhausted by morning!! I know our method probably sounds ridiculous to many people but it's just what (usually) works. This time was an exception!


As for the food part of the post...I got the honey balsamic chicken recipe from http://www.sparkrecipes.com and the roasted cauliflower came from the old Biggest Loser cookbook (you just toss cauliflower with parmesan, salt/pepper, garlic powder and roast at 425 for 15 minutes or so--easy!). The chef on that is Devin Alexander and she's one of my favorite healthy recipe makers. Her and http:/www.hungry-girl.com help me to make healthy meals for my family. We have coated chicken, onion rings and tilapia in ground up fiber one cereal and it rocks. The best tip ever. I can't help but think of Natasha as I type this because we would laugh about my MOPS comment that I only "cook" popcorn. So true at the time. I am happy to say that cooking has become one of my favorite household chores. I am not always great at it but I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you have come a long way in cooking, I'm so proud of you! You're recipes sound great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for those recipes! I can't wait to try them!

    Hope everyone is getting back to Wellsville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill! I wish I had been here; you could have Red Rovered one right over!! Is everyone feeling better? Love you!

    ReplyDelete