Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Healthy and Not-so-healthy

I really do enjoy trying new things and cooking for myself and my family.  My kids don't eat much of anything--extremely picky--but I don't cook to suit their tastes.  Otherwise, we'd be eating McD's for life.  Anyway, I recently made 2 things I thought were excellent. 

The 1st was an Amish Sugar Cream Pie.  I don't know why it sounded so good but I had to make it and I loved it.  The kids didn't even care for this--that's how picky they are. 

The 2nd recipe I tried was way healthier: Chicken, Mushroom, & Brown Rice Bake with Leeks.  Again, I read this and just had to make it.  I loved it and so did Brian.  I will definitely be making it again.  This was my first time using leeks but it was fun to try something new.  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment