Saturday, July 31, 2010

Busy Saturday

Today, Nathan and I traveled with my parents to visit my Grandma. It's a 2 hour drive and it felt like forever with Nathan. He is not a good car-sleeper. He took a catnap and fussed the rest of the way. Thankfully, he's not a loud crier. I had hoped that more of my extended family could meet Nathan but that didn't work out. My Grandma and my Uncle Danny were able to see how much he's grown since they last saw him, though!

Nathan and Grandma Hill.

Nathan finally crashed on my Mom's lap. He took a few cat naps for a total of MAX 2 hours of sleep today. He usually gets 4-5 hours/day so he's really wiped out!

The sun was right in his face on the way home so we made him a tent. We thought we were so clever--he kind of frowned about it. :)

*Brian and the rest of the kids had a fun, busy day. I heard Lily and Samuel had waffles and marshamallows for breakfast. They rode "real" bikes and their motorized bikes, went to a park and went to Grandma and Papa Kreger's. Oh and they ate McD for lunch. Wow! They will probably want Nathan and I to go away more often! :)*
Samuel walked in the house in his pajamas, filthy with dirt and orange pop. I picked him up and noticed he had decided to go without undies today. Ha! I was just imagining him at the park that way. Thankfully, I had picked some up from the store and he was excited to see Hulk on some underwear and put them right on! Samuel was watching me earlier this evening and he looked at me and said so seriously, "Me like you." So sweet!

I got the kids a "How To Train Your Dragon" stationary set from the clearance section at Wal-Mart. Hunter and Lily took their sets and made a little desk area in Lily's room. It reminded me of how much I liked playing "office" as a kid. Ha!

Lily's "desk". She was so disappointed that she couldn't go back outside tonight, after being outside pretty much all day. That trait must come from her Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment