Friday, July 16, 2010

Finally Friday

How cute is this outfit??

I just feel this has been a l-o-n-g week. Long. We did start swimming lessons this week. The twins are doing amazing this year--much improvement. Brian and his Mom, Barb, always told me in past summers that the kids were young and would eventually get the hang of it. They were right! It just clicked this year. So that's why I am so NOT worried over my little Samuel, who was signed up for lessons but is not taking them after a 1st day attempt to get him in there. He likes the water okay but he doesn't want to move away from me. It'll pass, trust me. :)

Other than that, we took the 3 kids old enough for a movie to see 'Toy Story 3'. That was tons of fun. The theater was pretty empty so no pressure to be quiet and still. The kids actually sat really well for it, anyway.

Nathan is in love with his crib. He smiles every time he heads up that way and will still sometimes fuss a bit but most the time he just goes to sleep without a peep. Although, we are seeing a pattern--not sure if it's coincidence. At night, if I put him to bed, he doesn't make a sound. Two nights this week, though, Brian put him to bed because I was gone and he cried quite a bit. Is he turning his favor toward me?? :) He loves to babble and 'ma ma' is said a lot, which I see as a victory even though I know he's oblivious to the meaning.

I accepted a chairperson position for the twins' school PTF (Parent Teacher Fellowship) and had that meeting this week--3 hours long. Wow! It's good to know what's happening, though. We'll see how I do at my position (Prayer Chair)...it's mainly about organizing and planning.

I will end the blog w/swim lesson stories:
Day 1...Samuel crying, clinging while I try to work out if he's going to do lessons or not.
Day 2...Nathan cried the whole entire time (tired!) and Samuel injured his toe. He needed a band-aid so I went to ask for one. They wanted him to sit in a chair and he freaked so I asked if I could just take the band-aid w/me. They wanted his name to record in their little binder. I now carry band-aids in the diaper bag.
Day 3...Fraud agency called in the morning and it turns out that, no, we did not authorize a $500 purchase in the UK. So I spent my morning dealing w/those issues. Got to swim lessons, endured the HEAT, went to leave and realized I almost forgot Samuel (again). He was hiding in stacks of chairs. Thank goodness my sister goes w/me to keep me on track. When do you know you have too many kids? When you start leaving them behind. We get out to the van, get everyone loaded (not an easy task) and I go to put the stroller down and the thing-y breaks. I can't describe how it folds down--this push and slide button... But it's totally broke. I contemplate just abandoning it in the parking lot but I manage to squeeze it in the back. I was so ready for a nap after that.

I am so glad it's Friday!

Real quick: I had to organize books/games/puzzles because they were out of control. I moved this little shelf up from my scrapbook room (when was the last time I was in there??!) to help w/that goal. This is the best garage sale buy ever--$15. Natasha was with me when I got this so when Brian was moving it, I told him I thought Natasha lifted this into her trunk by herself so that spurred him on to just pick it up and move it (he was making me help!). I don't think that's a lie, either--I think she literally picked it up and made that thing fit. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great to catch up with your family! They are getting so big and CUTE! Love the swimming stories! Always lots of giggles at your blog!

    ReplyDelete