Thursday, March 11, 2010

Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl

Lysa TerKeurst asked for some comments regarding her book entitled "Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl".  I read this recently and I have told most, if not all, of my friends that they have to read this book.  Every time I picked it up, it was relevant to what was happening in my life.  I treated it like a journal and wrote tons of notes in it. 

Specifically, what I loved about this book is that it is so practical.  Every chapter had something I could put to use in my life.  My devotional life took off once again after I read her chapter entitled "Devotion Time Blues".  I had been feeling regret over snapping at the children when I read her chapter called "When My Ugly Comes Out" and the concept of praising God when I feel like I want to blow up has changed my life.  I am not perfect at it but it helped me even to get up in the night with my newborn--instead of focusing on my fatigue, I was thankful for this child and God's blessing.  Lysa just shares so much in her book that made me write "Yes, Lord, that's what I want!".  I think the teaching of how to take Truth and live it out every day is a topic that we need.  I have finished the book but kept it out because it's something I want to flip through again and again.  I can't say enough great things about it, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment