Monday, March 1, 2010

2 Months Old

 

Technically, Nathan did not get a 2 month birthday because there was no Leap Day this year.  That kind of ruined the baby calendar but whatever...  
Anyway, Nathan at 2 months old.  Well, it's hard to get a good idea of who he is because he's been sick for almost all the month of February.  Poor little guy.  I really think he's a pretty easy guy to figure out but that makes his fussy times more stressful to me because I worry that something is wrong.  Ha!  But, no, sometimes he is just fussy.  He loves to be talked to and he's really getting into laying on his activity mat and kicking around.  Nathan has the most amazing eyelashes--such a little guy to have such long lashes!  He is inconsistent in his nightly sleep--sometimes he's up every 3 hours and sometimes he goes 5-6 hours.  He was eating around 5 oz. before he got sick.  He still loves to be swaddled and is a pretty good napper so far!

 When I was pregnant, I had planned on naming the baby "Blake" for a long time.  I soon decided that I liked it better for a middle name so the hunt was on.  I looked in baby name books, the Bible, the internet and would report to Brian on what I found to get his vote.  There wasn't a whole lot of boy names we really liked (and could agree on).  Finally, we decided Nathan was something we could live with.  I was sharing this with my friend Karen one night and she asked what Nathan meant.  I said I saw a couple things like "God Gave" or "Gift from God".  She said, "Well, you have to go with that name then.".  :)  And she was right.  It's a big reason why I chose the name.  Getting pregnant (by surprise!) after 2 miscarriages was a scary and exciting thing.  Having the chance to look at his smiling face and hold him just makes me think back to what his name means and makes me so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment