Friday, October 28, 2011

Busy, Busy School Days!

Another full week here!  Another post full of pictures!!  :)  On Monday, I felt the need to reorganize my homeschool cabinets.  That led me to find the parachute I forgot I had so we bundled up to try that out.  Samuel wasn't interested and we really needed another person so it didn't work great.  Still, we got some extra sunshine that day!


We did a lot of things this week but I mainly remember what I've taken pictures of!  I printed off some Halloween number cards for Samuel to work on #s with.  He did great and then rushed right off to show his big brother and sister how to do it!  :)
 Nathan is just busy.  He brings me to a new level of exhaustion because he can.not.be.trusted.  Seriously.  But look at that face!!

Fridays are usually pretty low-key for schooling here.  It's really not so much something I decided--the main portion of our curriculum just has less activities to do on Fridays so it's just something I've adapted to!  So, today I planned on a Halloween-ish activity from an Usborne science activity book I have.  This is called "Bubbling Wizard's Brew" and it was quite the excitement!!
Waiting....

Everyone's experiment soon bubbled over and the kids were seriously so pumped about it.  It was funny!

On Wednesday this week, we kind of took a day off of school but we also called it a field trip day so not sure if that counts or not??  Anyway, Samuel has speech therapy in the morning about 30 minutes away from where we live.  There is a children's museum not far from there so we decided to head over there after therapy (and we asked my Mom to come along for back up!).  It was so much fun!!  The kids and I had been once before as a family but had to leave early because Samuel was sick.  The twins and I had gone with their kindergarten class, as well (see? It is a field trip!).  Everyone played hard!  Nathan managed to get 2 bloody lips during the day but no other injuries or illnesses this time!  I would love to go back more often but I really feel better about having another adult and it can get pricey!!  It's a great experience for the kids, though.

This hospital area is probably the favorite for all the kids (even Nathan because he thinks he's driving the ambulance!).  
 Hunter looks like he's racing through the store.  The store is my favorite part because I would have loved this as a child!!  :)
Grandma was there!
 The music room was new to us.  Nathan got a kick out of making NOISE!!!
 The theater was another room we had not been in before.  The kids loved putting on a couple shows.  Nathan enjoyed running out and yelling "Boo!" over and over. 
 Nathan found a slide just his size!
 Samuel found a slide he liked, too!  I didn't let Nathan do this one!  The kids had to have gotten so much exercise doing this thing over and over!!!!
 Flying a plane!  I like this because he's contained for a moment.
The farmyard was a lot of fun, too, but it's upstairs so by the time we got that far, we were getting weary.  (We=Me)
Such a nice smile!  Full of orneriness at this point in the day!
All 4 kids on the plane.  They all took a turn flying and this was the end of the trip!
I feel like we have done a lot of fun things in these 50 days of school!!  I'll have to remember this when the snow sets in and I refuse to leave the house!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment