Friday, October 7, 2011

Our Week

In my life this week…I can't even remember the beginning of the week.  That's how I feel about time right now!
In our homeschool this week…we finished our 3rd read aloud and it was so good (The Sword in the Tree).  I actually read ahead to find out the ending but then the kids had me read double one day because they wanted to know the ending.  They love that part of our day!
I am inspired by…how well the whole family is adapting to this homeschool change--it's kind of a way of life!  Nathan is growing up in this atmosphere and it's so fun.  He had me bring a chair over to the calendar today and started clapping, expecting the songs.  Ha!  So, we did extra calendar time for just him today.  So cute!!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…Samuel started speech therapy this week so that will be a fun adventure--especially when I take all the kids with me.  We spent a lot of time at my parents' house this week to enjoy the nice weather and have lunch with my Dad!  It's been kind of hot for my taste but the kids have enjoyed it!
My favorite thing this week was…For some reason, Hunter can add quite well but the counting totally gets him confused after a certain point--that what comes before/after a number has been a struggle.  We've worked very hard on math during vision therapy!!  Anyway, he had a worksheet this week where he counted to 100.  He filled it all out--by himself--and oh my goodness, the pride he felt!  He told me this math must be easier than last year.  I laughed and told him it wasn't easier, he was learning!  As soon as Brian got home from work, Hunter pulled out that math worksheet to tell him.  It was awesome. 
What’s working/not working for us…I think it's all working, athough I am anxious to meet with my supervising teacher to get some outside perspective on that!  Nathan really needs to be involved more so I guess I need to have more things ready for him.  I did give him stickers/paper and a workbook/pencil this week and that helped.  He wants to be a big kid, too!!
Things I’m working on…I actually started looking ahead to some fun Christmas things this week.  I have time blocked off from our regular curriculum but I wanted to do something Christmas-y for fun.  The Curr-click website had quite a bit of options!
I’m reading…too many books at once, of course.  Idols of the Heart, Educating the Wholehearted Child and too-many-old-magazines are my main materials.
I’m cooking…Tonight we had pizza, which was a nice reward after a long week!  Although, we had supper with my parents a couple nights this week so maybe I'm not cooking enough?!
I’m grateful for…having this opportunity to stay home with and teach my kids.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…I did not take any pictures this week!!  Shocking!  That's part of the reason I am linking up...it gave me questions to answer!  I'll do better next week with my camera, especially since we have a field trip coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment