Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall is Here!

Wow, what a week we have had!!  This should be long and full of pictures but I'll try to recap it all.  Where to start?  Maybe with the interruptions of the best-laid plans.

This week, I went to Urgent Care twice--with 2 different kids.  I called the dentist and the doctor.  We had sickness, falling off chairs/down stairs/into toilets, slammed fingers...wow.  Sounds like a rough house here but, no, just another week in our life.

 Here's Samuel on Monday.  He's been very lethargic and complaining of head/throat pain recently.  It seems to happen at least once a week.  I finally decided to take him in and they decided it was a sinus infection (to the extent that kids can get sinus infections with not fully developed sinuses).  He's on medicine now so I'm hoping next week will go by without a sick day for him!  Poor guy.
Here's Nathan on Wednesday.  I should say that Monday, he fell off a chair on the porch and the blood was pretty intense.  I finally figured out he tore his frenulum (though I didn't know it was called that) and was kind of freaked about it but he recovered and we moved on.  Wednesday, I was cleaning up and heard a THUNK THUNK THUNK so I ran to the stairs and saw Nathan upside down with his head in the crack of the doorway.  Such a horrible sound and horrible sight.  I picked him up immediately and rocked him and then pulled him back to see quite the head bump with varying degrees of color plus the scratch on top of it all.  I also saw he had blood in his mouth but I couldn't tell where that was coming from.  I called my doctor and she told me to just take him in.  The kids were totally freaked and there was much crying--it didn't help that I was also crying but it scared me so bad.  His swelling went down pretty quickly and he checked out just fine--although, he fell again when I got him home so I'm not sure if he was just clumsy or out of sorts from all the head banging that went on in that stairwell!!  But I have to admit that I've been a lot more anxious about his falls after that.
A planned interruption on Wednesday was speech therapy for Samuel.  This was just stressful but I won't go on about it.  However, having a monsoon to drive through, this stressful hour, driving back home in rain, having Nathan fall down the stairs, going to Urgent care and back home just to have my supervising teacher knock, knock at the door (planned visit) did make for kind of a crazy day.  I'm so thankful for my supervising teacher, though--she's truly a blessing!!
Okay, actual work did also get done this week.  Here's Hunter and Lily working on some ships.  I do not think the Mayflower had skulls on the flag but whatever...  :)  They added foaming waves with toothpaste and that made for a really cool picture!

Trying to keep Nathan busy and in sight...paint may have been a little crazy but he LOVED it.
 I like seeing both the little guys work together...plus, Nathan has his tongue out--ha!

To end our week, we took a leaf walk.  We started studying plants and then the largest plants (trees!) this week so it was perfect timing.  The weather went from 80 to 60s so that was awesome, too.  The leaves are gorgeous and it was a great family time!  
We woke this little guy up but he was a trooper!
 Checking out the creek.  Samuel leaned a bit too far for my taste...
 Samuel found a fuzzy caterpillar!  He loved that thing but I'm pretty sure it did live! We found it a nice home in the grass.
 Nathan getting set loose from the stroller.  Look at that pretty hair--how can anyone want it cut???
 Brian is working on Saturday so he very kindly offered to take off early Friday for our leaf walk.  It was good to get some extra time with him!

Whew!  That was our week-in-review.  Exhausting but great!  I got some good advice and direction from my supervising teacher so I am going to change some things up and also work on RELAXING more.  Sounds good to me.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just stopping by from the HOD blogroll. :) Thanks for joining! Come back and grab the new button when you get a chance.

    http://onelittlewordsheknew.blogspot.com/p/heart-of-dakota-blogroll.html

    Hope next week is better!

    ReplyDelete