Sunday, October 2, 2011

Something New

I feel like I am constantly changing things with our curriculum. First I added more science and I'm so glad I did. The kids love science and our days were not at all full to the point that adding something would cause stress. The next tweak I did was find a used math curriculum to switch to. I had debated over this math curriculum in the summer but decided against. Well, after a rough beginning with math and then talking with some homeschool moms about their experiences, I decided to just keep searching on a used curriculum site and one day it appeared! We started it this past week and so far, so good. It's basic right now but everyone is really positive about math right now!!  My final tweak (for now) was switching Lily to Hunter's spelling program.  I think both of us were rather bored with her program and she seemed to be interested in his so I just moved her over.  It sounds kind of chaotic when I type all of that out but we're figuring it out and still loving it!!! :)
Here are Hunter and Lily watching Mr. Steve on the math video.  They think he's hilarious.

Samuel stayed busy this week since he had a sick day (again).  This picture shows him working diligently on outlining an 'E' with cheerios.  It does not show his frustration when Nathan eats his cheerios--some of them glue covered.

Our other new thing this week was this piano!  I'm on an email list for homeschoolers and someone posted about this piano so I grabbed it.  I've wanted to teach the kids some basic piano for awhile--just to see if they hold any interest.  It's been a noisy house!!  Lily sits down with piano books and tries to follow instructions (very much her personality!) while the boys all just mess around.  I've also had the chance to brush up on my long-forgotten skills.  It's been fun.  The placement of the piano is still in negotiations, however... 

No comments:

Post a Comment