Saturday, October 22, 2011

2/2 Picture-Full Posts

I had to make 2 posts on our week because we have so many pictures to share.  Since it's getting so close to Halloween, I thought we better get in a trip to a pumpkin farm!  Brian had plans on Saturday and Sunday's weather looked questionable so Brian ended up taking his Friday off to make it a field trip day.  It was so fun!  It was an all day adventure, though, so I cut most of our school day out--we just read.  Hunter finished his Bible he had been reading so he was sooo proud, as was I!!  He's excited about his new book and read a bit of that already! 

I'm getting sidetracked...Anyway, we drove about an hour to a pumpkin farm that Brian's Aunt had recommended, spent all morning there, had lunch at the local McDonald's and drove home in time for me to grab a nap before our busy evening seeing a jr. high play my sister wrote/directed.  Whew!  What a Friday!




 This was in the corn maze!  They gave you a punch card and you had to find the 10 different punches (they were all different shapes).  We only found 9 but they were gracious enough to give the kids a prize, anyway.  We were in that thing forever!  We finally just busted out--not at the exit.  :)


They had this corn box the kids could play in--it was a ton of fun!  I think my kids could have stayed in there the whole time!!  We were the only people there so, thankfully, there was no rush to get them out!

 Enjoying a windy hayrack ride while we ate the popcorn they offered us.  Yum!
Trying out the pumpkin catapult!  This was a lot of fun for the kids!




Pumpkin bowling!  It was pointless to set up the 'pins' again because Nathan was all about rolling throwing the pumpkin at the bottles!


Finding the perfect pumpkins!  Samuel carried this pumpkin all the way in but when I inspected it, it had a gaping hole on one side.  Bummer!!  Everyone found a good one, though--40 lbs. of pumpkin.  

Enjoying Halloween bucket Happy Meals at McDonald's...that makes it pretty close to a perfect day for my kiddos.  Now, we're ready to carve those pumpkins and bake some seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment