Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

Pumpkin carving was pretty much a non-event this year. Or maybe I think that because I didn't help. The big kids cleaned their own pumpkins and Brian cleaned Nathan's. Then, the kids picked out their face and Brian carved it all while they played outside. No big deal! And we all enjoyed the seeds for days!

Samuel's scary pumpkin face.
Hunter's skeleton face--he's trying to make the same face as the pumpkin.  :)
Lily's witch face.  Don't mind Samuel's ribs in the background.
This guy had just woken up from nap so excuse his bedhead.  :)

For Halloween, we had school like usual but I did tape a bunch of Halloween-themed cartoons for us to watch in our free time.  We then headed to my parents' house for supper and trick-or-treating with the cousins.  It went really well, I thought.  The kids were all good and walked far!!  Here are my kids' chosen costumes:
Lily, a fairy witch

Hunter as Green Lantern

Samuel as Bumblebee (he was an actual bee last year for Halloween--I believe he picks his costume around his favorite color--yellow!)

Posing with Anden as Wolverine.  Uncle Steve and Kathryn are on the side, waiting for some fun!  Papa and Nathan are waiting in the back.

My 4 kids--with my Dad ducking out because it was hard to get Nathan to stay!  :)

Towards the end of Nathan's trick-or-treating.  I think his hands are cold!!  Brian is not dressed up but he was pretty ill a day or 2 before Halloween and broke some blood vessels in his eyes.  It gives him a spooky look.

My Dad keeping warm in Lily's hat.

Nathan checking out his candy!

What a cute puppy!!  He loved trick-or-treating and would want to go back to the same house over and over.  He was a hit with the people handing out candy, too, because he is just so cute and he was so excited!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment