Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter eggs

We got our Easter eggs done!  I had a hard time deciding how many eggs to dye--too many kids to divide eggs between.  We decided to let each kid (old enough to participate) do 6 eggs.  Plenty of eggs, for sure.  No spills this year--that was the main joy! (yes, the 2 oldest are still in pajamas for this activity--I won't admit that we did this at 3 in the afternoon...)
 Hunter went with the rainbow method--multiple colors on each egg.  
 Lily wanted to do one egg in each color--although she had to have some repeats.
 You can see what Samuel chose--guess what his favorite color is??  Yellow was one of his first words and I remember his speech teacher thinking it was a funny choice.  :)
 Nathan hung out in the swing while the other kids colored eggs.  He did roll over the other day but it was while he was sleeping and woke up screaming with his head bobbing all about.  :)  He hasn't done it awake yet.

*My Mom, Brian and I took Hunter, Lily and Samuel to see "How To Train A Dragon" on Friday.  I think we all liked it--Samuel says he didn't but it's hard to know whether to believe him.  :)  Anyway, they had boy/girl twins in the movie--so right on w/the characters.  Very competitive and always wrestling.  It was hilarious.*

*2 funny comments recently: I was at the kindergarten walk-a-thon and Lily and her partner told me that they were not going to play at recess.  Instead, they were going to discuss the "sin in our hearts".  Ha!  I just said okay--although, later, Lily told me she did play.  :)  Later that same day, we were at my parents' house and the kids were outside playing.  Hunter came in and my Dad asked him what he was doing outside.  He said, "Nothing.  Just sitting.  Like Jesus in the Garden--praying to God.".  Too cute!*

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment