Thursday, April 29, 2010

NIAW

I just read on a blog that it is National Infertility Awareness Week.  Reading that post linked me to another blog that had a wonderful post on her journey (she has the same MTHFR mutation as me but has suffered much worse because of it).  Was it really over 6 years ago that I feared I might never be pregnant?  Here I am, 5 pregnancies, 3 deliveries and 4 children later.  The 1st blog I read talked about what your testimony would be so here's mine.  Going through infertility taught me so much that God is good, to surrender my plans and to believe BIG.  Going through miscarriages taught me that my hope is in HIM, not in the hoped-for outcome of circumstances.  Being a parent is harder than I could have imagined it to be but maybe one thing I can know because of all the hardship getting here is that my kids are the perfect kids for me and I am the perfect mom for them, even if none of us are perfect at all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment