Wednesday, February 17, 2010

They Do Exist!


I know Hunter and Lily have not been shown lately.  I guess I have the camera out while they are at school.  And my main subject has been Nathan, I admit.  So I made sure to get a picture today.  Here's what is new with them:

-Hunter has lost 2 more teeth and Lily has lost 1.  They take their own sweet time and hate the thought of actually pulling the loose tooth out.  :)

-They are loving school.  I was a "Royal Reader" today.  I had to wear a crown and robe as I read the book I chose ("Too Many Toys" by David Shannon).  Hunter said his favorite part of school is gym w/Mr. D and learning about presidents.  Lily said her favorite part is recess and Valentine's.  Ha!  I am impressed with how they are doing with their reading and writing.  Math may not be any of our favorite subjects in this house.  Well, I don't mind it for myself but it's hard to be patient and help with this subject.  For the most part, they don't mind doing their homework and they seem to have plenty of it (according to Brian).  :)  Brian and I are probably most impressed with how much they are learning about the Bible.  They can tell me things that I wonder if most adults know.  It really makes me thankful for a Christian school. 

-They are both doing Awanas again and have learned verses easily.  I am not great at practicing all week long so I worry but they always do just fine.  This Awanas program is fantastic--tons of fun for them. 

-They are currently obsessed with who is the oldest.  Someone just laughed recently because I kept calling Hunter the oldest.  But it means a lot to them so I just go with it.  They are also always looking forward to getting older.  I told them to enjoy being 6 but they think being older will be fun.  I told them that if they are older, I am older.  Not good.  :)

-They call Nathan "Nathy" (long a sound) a lot.  I don't know why.  They think it is funny.  They play and fight a lot with each other and Samuel.  It's nice they enjoy playing together and do include Samuel most the time but the fights are enough to make me batty. 

-Hunter and Lily are such good kids.  They are both sweet and sensitive in their own individual way.  They love each other and make great big siblings to their younger brothers.  Of course, they are not perfect and it's interesting to see how they handle things as they get older.  They are learning but so are Brian and I.  This parenting thing isn't easy!

1 comment:

  1. Just popping over from another blog... Your children are beautiful and love the bald daddy story. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete