Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Today

Today my baby is 1 week old.  Today is also my due date.  I am so thankful I did not have to go all the way to the end (or beyond it--I shudder to think of that!).  This was actually the longest pregnancy for me--the other ones were born 2 weeks before my due date. 

Anyway, I can hardly believe that Nathan has been with us 1 whole week.  I was even up at 2:15 in the morning this morning--when it all started last week.  :)  Today I am taking Nathan to the doctor for his 1 week check and I can't wait to see how much he weighs and how he is growing!!  So far, Nathan is an easy baby.  He doesn't cry loud, often or long!  Most the time, he goes back down after eating in the middle of the night.  Every now and then he needs extra cuddle time, though.  Overall, he is just tons of fun to have around.  I enjoy him as much as I can knowing that he's my last little newborn and it goes too fast!!

You can see that Nathan has quite the following...


The kids have actually calmed down and stopped hovering so much but they still really enjoy talking to Nathan and watching him sleep and eat and be changed...

Some tummy time.  Brian and I may be a bit more paranoid about head issues since we've experienced the problems with Hunter's head/neck.  Obviously, his issues were more severe but still...never too early to watch the head shape and work on that neck!

This picture shows clearly that Nathan's hair appears to be following after Hunter's style.  The front of his hair "grows backwards"--a clear cowlick!  Samuel has one to a smaller degree but Lily was blessed to not be stuck with one right in front.  It's no big deal for the boys--instant style!--but I know from experience what a pain it can be for girl styles!


And here's what Brian and I are reduced to: (and, yes, these were really taken while we were sleeping...)


I think I may just be too old for this.  I have been nodding off all the time!  Tomorrow Brian goes back to work and I am worried.  I will stock up on caffeine and hope for the best.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures, and Nathan fits into your family for sure! He looks just like the boys.

    ReplyDelete