Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ready for Snow



Today is my 1st day of being on my own and it's actually going really well.  It was a bumpy start because I did not want to get out of bed but I have to shower before Brian leaves for work so I had no choice.  It's also a school day for Hunter and Lily so I have to be awake for that!  Thankfully, my Dad is taking the twins to school for me and my Mom is picking them up this week so I have a break from leaving the house with all these kids!  Anyway, I actually dressed Nathan in an outfit today so I am feeling proud and he looks so cute in his snow-themed shirt.  Samuel has been playing with play-doh for over an hour now and it's a huge mess but he's having a good time.  I have started laundry, the dishwasher and talked to a friend for 30 minutes about my labor/delivery experience so it's been a fun and productive morning!  :)

1 week appt: back to birth weight!  8lbs, 7oz exactly.  It's funny because we aren't doing a 1 month appointment because apparently Brian and I are parenting pros.  It's amazing how much we've heard the phrase "you've done this before" since we've had Nathan.  The nurses and doctors in the hospital and now our family doctor seem to think we have this stuff down.  Hilarious.  Our last nurse at the hospital had had 4 kids in about 4 years and she was a lot of fun to talk to.  She said people used to think she was crazy, too...so I guess that means people think we are crazy?!  It is really funny to look back in the van and see every seat filled with a car seat and a child.  I look at Brian and we have to laugh.  4 kids! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your first day home alone went well. I love all the pictures and updates. Yes...you are crazy! In a good way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear things are going well! i feel like i'm looking at my own pictures with all the clothes the same:) good luck w/o brian this week!

    ReplyDelete