Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Month

Tomorrow is Nathan's 1 month birthday and I changed my mind from this post and now think it's gone so incredibly fast.  I can't believe my baby is 1 month old.  I still forget I am not pregnant at times--that pregnancy lasted forever!  It feels good to be 1 month into it--there's more assurance that we will make it.  :) 

Last night, the little guy went 6 hours between feedings.  Wow!  Unfortunately, Brian and I weren't sleeping that whole time because we were planning on trying to feed him one more time before we went to bed.  Well, that's why I was up--Brian was doing his usual facebook obsession thing.  Anyway, Nathan wouldn't wake up enough to eat so we stayed up for naught.  I went to bed expecting to be woken up in 30 minutes but he actually did really well.  It gives me hope.  :)  It could be his age, a fluke, his weight... OR it could be because yesterday I started giving him more formula in his bottles.  I also started working on his sleep yesterday.  Yes, I let him cry a bit.  I hate to admit that when I know the Grandparents will read this.  :)  He did really, really well and napped great with very minimal fussing--and I felt like I could actually acknowledge that I do have other children! 

Nathan is starting to recognize me and gives me a smile now and then.  He was in such a good mood this morning--very alert and smiled a few times.  It's so sweet to see the kids get excited about that.  He has also made the little cooing noise a few times.  It's fun to see him get bigger but it's a little sad, too. It's already going fast! 





I actually had Hunter and Lily take pictures of me and Nathan trying out the baby wrap.  They did a really good job--I have multiple pictures since they each wanted many turns.  I like the wrap--I tried a sling with Samuel and didn't like it at all.  I got a carrier with him and wore it a good amount but it wasn't the most comfortable.  I love my wrap so far--only wore it once but it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment