Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Weekend

Due to some contract changes, Brian had an extra day off this long weekend. 4 whole days to have someone who isn't queasy feed the children. It was great. We got to grill out with both sides of the family, get a tiny bit of housework done, play outside a ton, and get groceries (no easy task for me right now!). The twins even got to go swimming in Grandma and Papa PJ's pool. It opened on Wednesday and was heated and mostly blue by Monday. They loved getting in and can't wait until they can swim again. Samuel wasn't interested but neither were Brian or I so that worked out! I napped on a lounge chair. :)

Today, Brian and I had some sort of brain freeze and thought it would be a good idea to take ALL the kids to a movie. Samuel had obviously never gone before. I really wanted to see "Night at the Museum 2", the kids loved the 1st one (though I usually start it when it gets exciting so I was worried about their attention) and I had checked it out on Focus on the Family's movie website and felt good about taking them. We were able to have the very back row to ourselves and Samuel just loved running back and forth. We made 4--FOUR--trips to the potty (not Samuel--don't think I am even trying to potty train him!) and one of the children thought they were in charge of Samuel. I finally used threats with Samuel and he curled up on Brian's lap and fell asleep. It was a wonderful way to spend 3/4s of the movie. We won't be taking him again soon! :) We all had a good time, though.




Grandma Barb got Hunter and Lily some skates so they tried those out after the movie. I was (surprise!) napping so I missed it. Brian said something about a bruised tailbone but they did well other than that. :)

*On the queasy note, you can pray for me tonight/tomorrow because I have to fast 12 hours (7:30-7:30). I usually snack before bed and eat immediately when I get up so I am a bit nervous about how my stomach will handle it. Not that throwing up is the worst thing in the world--I just don't like it! I have my blood test at the hematologist's office tomorrow--praying for good results from that!*

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! Anxiously waiting to hear what you find out!

    LOVE that you took pictures at the movie theater!! Only bloggers!

    ReplyDelete