Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. I had a pretty good day. Here I am in the morning with the kids. They surprised me with some homemade flowers they made with Brian and also some flower cards from school. It was very sweet. :) Way to go Brian!

Then I chose to skip church (gasp!) and take everyone out to Palisades Kepler Park. Brian and I had gone there when we were dating but it had been years since we had been back. Brian wanted to take our picture by the "danger" sign because he thought it was funny. He's weird like that. :)

We then went for a hike. Notice the word "Cliff" in the sign. I had some anxiuos moments since the kids tried to go fast through the trail and one of the children is a little accident-prone.

Here they are at the look out--I refused to get close. Too high up for me!

A picture of the stragglers. Samuel took his own sweet time through the trail.



It was a very fun time! Every time we stopped to take a picture the kids would yell "Happy Mother's Day!". I was able to take a nap and have some alone time in the afternoon so it was a really fun day. Thanks to Brian and my kiddos for making me feel loved today!



3 comments:

  1. Yeah to your fun Mother's day! Happy day to you! Love your new background!! May have to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very fun. I am glad that you had an enjoyable day. Hope all is well in the neighborhood! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so cute. Looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete