Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby

This post may make some of you think that I am talking about my baby but this post is about me. This is my 2nd day of improved well being. Praise God. Seriously. I remember being in labor with Samuel and my wonderful, optimistic doctor told the nurse: "She must have a high pain threshold." I could have fallen over laughing but I did not. Because I am a baby. I know this about me--and that's the first step, right?-- and Brian is (painfully) aware of this. I can suck it up for many things but nausea is not one of them. I would rather do labor because it ends quicker than morning sickness!!

The kids still don't know that we will have another baby. We are going to wait until we can't wait any longer because the miscarriages were confusing and hard. So they just don't get why I am STILL sick. My favorite memory so far is sitting on the bathroom floor by the toilet in that waiting mode and all 3 kids come and sit by me. Lily says, "Are you going to throw up or not??". Hunter says, "Knock knock!" and tells me a joke. Samuel pats my back. It was the sweetest moment. :)

So right now, nothing in the house gets done unless Brian does it. People are not getting fed wonderful meals. It's all whatever you find in the freezer/pantry/fridge. The kids are supervised but sometimes from my position of laying on the couch. So you can pray that I am back to normal soon!!

*In completely different news, Brian and I finally finished membership for our church. This is the 1st church we have been members at and we are very excited and thankful for this church. We both love it and feel very at home there.*

4 comments:

  1. I have a great visual. Precious and yet, how to convey "I just want my space!!" :) Praying you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you finished the membership classes and you love your church so much! Hopefully that will take your mind off the sick feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am sorry and glad all at the same time that you are sick! You know the reason why! I hope it passes soon, at least to the point where you can function. I wouldn't wish that business on anyone!! I am so glad your kids are supportive.

    ReplyDelete