Saturday, December 1, 2012

Good-bye November!

We started our last week of school for November with a sick day.  :(  The stomach bug hit my side of the family at our Thanksgiving and I was a victim on Monday.  Thankfully, it was quick moving and we picked up on Sunday.  We actually accomplished everything I had planned with a little combining so I was happy with our week!  The big excitement (for me) is that we finally finished The Wind in the Willows and started our next book, A Christmas Carol.  The kids quickly realized they knew the story when I mentioned Scrooge's name.  :)

We painted watercolors like Monet this week....

We ended our week in the Netherlands by making a 3-D ice skating rink.  This was quite the intensive project but Hunter mentioned multiple times how much he enjoyed it.  :)

They turned out nicely...hard to see their skating rink but they look neat:

We're going to accelerate Samuel's reading program next week so we can finish it up before surgery...everything is revolving around surgery right now (at least for me).  :)  We are soooo ready for December!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved those skating projects. We have to pick it up on Expedition Earth. It always seems to be the one thing I never get to! xo

    ReplyDelete