Friday, December 14, 2012

Surgery and Subs

Well, this has been a long, eventful week.  On Monday, it was school as usual and the kids were excited to hear it was the last regular day of school until after Christmas break.  We used the day to do all the last minute things on my list!!  Aunt Nikki came to visit to give Nathan an {early} birthday present and see me before surgery.  Unforunately, Nathan was sleeping when she got  here but he opened his gift the next day and was happy to have pajamas!

On Tuesday, we dropped the kids off early and I had my 1st (and I would like to think last....) surgery.  It was an interesting experience, for sure.  The kids got to come visit me that evening and that was a lot of fun.  We didn't get much sleep that night and were happy to be discharged from the hospital by lunch on Wednesday.  My parents brought our kids back with this pretty poinsettia:



Thursday started a somewhat-normal schedule with school back in session.  It was a long, stressful day for most people, I think. I felt more tired than if I had a newborn and was feeling the pain.  Brian was trying to plan Scouts and do school and get some cleaning done.  The kids were trying to take advantage of Mom being out of sorts, I think.  :)  There was the typical try-to-fool-the-sub by one particular child....  It was kinda funny later.  Ha!

 Today was a much more relaxed day and things still seemed to take awhile but it went better.  All in all, Brian accomplished everything on my list--they made Russian star ornaments and finished A Christmas Carol and got through some math, reading, spelling, handwriting things I had ready.  Not bad!!

Also this week, Lily had her last gymnastics until after the holidays.  Grandma Barb was nice enough to take her for us and it was picture week so she sent some great photos of Lily in action.  :)


*Notice she "Christmas'd" up her gymnastics outfit with Christmas bows and ribbons.  So typical of my daughter!*

Today was also the day we made our yearly Christmas cookies.  That was a lot of fun!  I actually helped with the mixing of the dough but then I just sat and observed while Brian did the rolling and using cookie cutters with the kids.  I helped frost and then snapped pictures while the kids decorated.  It's fun every year but the cookies are really good this year!!  :)






Hoping for a restful weekend and then I should be able to rest quite a bit next week.  It's been a good recovery and I've had lots of help from Brian and family and friends so I can't complain!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are on the mend and you can put this behind you!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete