Friday, December 21, 2012

Grandma + Snow = Fun!

This week was a fun one!  Monday-Wednesday, my Mom picked the kids up for breakfast and took them to her house until Brian was off work.  She did the 3 R's with them and then kept them occupied while I watched Christmas movies and napped.  It was glorious!  I am feeling pretty good now, too.  I am definitely noticing the fatigue I was warned about and I have 1 incision that is tender with some side pain but, overall, I am great.  It was a lot better than I had feared.  :)

On Wednesday night, I decided it would be great fun to have a slumber party in the living room.  We slept in front of the Christmas tree while the snow and wind started outside.  Thursday was a blizzard warning so we all stayed home to enjoy it.  Brian had the kids outside for awhile (I went out just for pictures!) and Nathan screamed so loud when he had to come in!!  











These 2 boys were the first ones back in the house and they wanted whip cream with a little bit of hot cocoa.  Ha!  The joy of snow!!

As a keep-busy-activity, I made some gingerbread play dough.  All 4 love new play dough so it keeps them occupied for a bit (long enough for me to nap and Brian to recover from shoveling).  

Friday, Grandma came back for lunch and to help with some cleaning.  My sister and her oldest stopped by after that.  We spent our afternoon watching A Christmas Carol cartoon and napping.  Perfect day!!  Bring on the Christmas parties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment