Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vision Therapy

Today was our last day of meeting with Audrey for vision therapy!!  We started in February (26 weeks total) so it feel like we've been doing this forever!  It has been emotional and challenging and frustrating and fun.  :)  Hunter said I could take pictures today and he told me I could cry but I didn't.  He was proud.  Ha!  We are going to miss Audrey so much!

Hunter in the waiting room (not for the last time since the kids have yearly check ups at the eye dr.) but this reminds me that Hunter would hide from Audrey each week.  He would usually hide under a table or in the playhouse--there weren't a lot of options.  One week was so funny because he was hiding under the table and Audrey came in, spotted him and sat down at the table like she didn't know he was there.  She then started just chucking puzzle pieces underneath the table at him.  Ha!!  I think the other people thought it seemed crazy but that was the point! 
Audrey and Hunter.  This was the best thing for him because it was an atmosphere of positivity where he continually succeeded {aka not school}.  Audrey remained consistently positive and upbeat, no matter what Hunter's level of enthusiasm was.
Hunter and his parting gifts.  A keychain from the treasure chest, a certificate that we will frame and hang up for him AND a t-shirt.  So fun!  I told him I wanted to take his picture with all his stuff and he chastised me for stopping him in the parking lot.  Ha!  I was just excited and I think he is, too!  We still have 12 weeks of home therapy to get through but no more appointments to run to!

1 comment: