Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adventureland

This summer was our 3rd year taking the kids to Adventureland.  It was the 1st year that we've gone without a big chunk of my family.  Usually, my sister and her family goes and my brother and his family goes but they all had other things going on so it was just us and Grandma.  My Dad watched Nathan, which was a huge help because there's not a lot for him to do there.  

Usually it is ninety degrees and humid and miserable but this year it was cool and cloudy.  We were actually cold at one point!!  This really helped me us to not get wiped out so early!  It was also not busy at all--I'm not sure if the weather or the State Fair or the late season made everyone stay away but it was awesome.  Hardly any lines at anything so we were able to ride things repeatedly--even the Raging River!! 

Here are the 4 people that rode the Log Ride.  I was willing but Lily didn't want to so we sat out.  Brian wasn't planning on riding it but Hunter wanted him to so he gave in.  What a trooper!

Okay, this kid can not keep his feet on the ground.  He must be climbing at all times.  It was driving me nuts so this picture is to remember that.  :)

Brian and the kids rode Raging River a second time but my Mom and I sat out and took pictures.  We all rode the 1st time and I've never been so wet on a ride before.  I swear others were getting off the ride looking dry but we were splashed and dunked and went right under the waterfall.  Usually, that's awesome but it was cold out and we remained soaked and shivering the rest of the time!

Lady Luck!  I just like the expressions and body language on this one!

Giant pickles from the pig!  Lily chose popcorn and I don't blame her.  The boys ate all of their pickle--wow!

A stop at the gift shop, naturally. 

Brian said to record this moment because he was on a train.  He actually rode quite a few rides this time around--it was impressive.  Neither of us are into rides or amusement parks so this is all for the kids!  I did ride the tilt-a-whirl-type ride but after the 2nd time, I felt sick and was done!

Corn dogs for lunch and the ladies are checking the map to figure out a plan.  Lily loves to know the plan!


Oh this face!  Samuel was asleep within 5 minutes of leaving the park.  He woke up about 30 minutes from home and, unfortunately, threw up.  We think it was the multitude of circle rides + the giant pickle, cotton candy, Icee + a long car ride.  Poor guy.  That was what he remembered when we got home.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment