Sunday, August 7, 2011

Church on the Lake

Every year, Encounter Christian Church has church at Lake McBride with a picnic and swimming to follow.  This is our first summer with ECC so our first trip out there.  The kids were super excited to *finally* go to a beach.  Church was done in small groups on pontoon boats.  Brian is not a big boat person so he stayed behind with Nathan.  The other 3 kids and I enjoyed a nice boat ride and they enjoyed being a part of the church discussion.  :)  We then had a picnic--I think the kids mainly ate fruit and puppy chow--and hit the beach.  Nathan stayed so busy with the sand!!  They all enjoyed the water, which was gross to me so I stayed out.  :)  We then got home and I decided I also dislike sand a whole lot.  Ha!!  We did have a fun time and I think we'll look forward to it every year!!
 3 kids ready for church--they wore swimsuits to church last week, too, for fun day
 Ornery child ready with all the bags it takes for the 6 of us to travel.
 Anxious to get in the water but they had to wait until after lunch!
 These 2 were wanting to get a hold of a goose, I think.  They were walking like geese but I wasn't able to get a picture of that.
 Life jackets for the boat ride!

Lots of fun digging in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment