Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pacifiers

This is a picture of Samuel the day we brought him home from the hospital. The 1st time we gave him a pacifier and he loved it. He was all about the paci from that moment on. Now, when the twins were toddlers, I was strict with that pacifier. It was just for bedtime at 15 months (when the doctor said to get rid of it--ha!) and then I had them throw it away themselves a little after 2 years. They weren't traumatized by it and it was pretty simple. Samuel, however, has hung on to his paci--and I really haven't cared. I just haven't wanted to put forth the energy to break the habit. Well, one day a week or two ago, Samuel just said "NO!" to the paci when I offered it at bedtime. And he hasn't taken one since. We've stopped offering it, of course, to help solidify the break! Anyway, this was so easy that I can barely believe it. By the time the baby comes and has his own collection of pacis, Samuel should be way past his love for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment