Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy People's Fast & Frugal Cookbook by Dawn Hall

This cookbook strives to provide a variety of recipes that are affordable and healthy--while keeping the ingredient list short. The author had me sold in her introduction because I appreciated hearing her own story and how she has learned to be frugal, fast and healthy with her meals. In reading through each recipe, I can certainly see how some of the ingredients the author uses are perfect for busy people but they aren‘t all things I would use because I like to do a little bit more home cooking. For example, there are recipes that list canned meat but I would prefer to cook the meat myself. However, those recipes are easy for me to adjust to my life so it‘s not something that would keep me from trying something new. I picked out 6 recipes that immediately caught my attention so I think this is a cookbook I would keep around and recommend to others. I have tried 3 of those recipes already--a drink, a snack and an entree--and each one has turned out great--both in my opinion and in my husband’s opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment