Friday, September 18, 2009

Apple Party

Today, I was able to help with a party in the Kindergarten class--an apple party! I was so excited that my parents were back from their trip and home all day to watch Samuel so that I could go. Hunter and Lily were very excited to have me there and I enjoyed helping and seeing how things work in the classroom. The teacher and aide seem like a lot of fun--over the top kind of fun that my kids don't get at home! :) I was able to meet some more Moms, which has been a great part of the school year so far. For the party, I was in charge of Apple Bingo and I had a lot of fun with the kids but it did seem like a lot of children by the end (there are 22 kids in the class)! Anyway, I just am so thankful for the school, teacher and aide that the twins have. It's such a change of life for us but I have really enjoyed getting used to this routine and seeing Hunter and Lily be so excited about learning and making new friends.

We are busy and I have not been taking pictures. Whenever we do homework, I think I should take a picture because it's so cute to see the kids hard at work--Samuel, too, with his coloring book, making "yircles" with his "yehwoh" crayon. :) Brian is still doing BSF, Hunter is in football, Lily is in dance and Awanas is just starting up. It feels so busy at times but then we have these great Friday nights where we break out the air mattress, pop popcorn and have a "sleepover" together in the living room. It's a great way to unwind. And since I am pregnant, I get to move to my bed and sleep all by myself!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment