Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Adventureland

Yesterday we got to go to Adventureland as a group. My brother's family minus his youngest (Kathryn, who is 3.5 months old), my sister's family, my Mom and my family minus my youngest (poor Samuel). The 2 young ones stayed behind with my Dad for a fun day of their own. Well, fun for Samuel--Kathryn probably didn't care either way. Anyway, it was a l-o-n-g day at the park but it was mainly fun (it went downhill during the 1.5 hour wait at Raging River). I do have some bitterness that we decided to do this the summer that I can't ride a thing because I am pregnant. But Brian and I don't love rides, anyway, so it's probably not that much of a loss. We will always have to go in a group because it's so nice to have someone able to ride things with the kids. Cali and Grandma picked up a lot of slack in that area. I would have done some of the rides, if able, but some even I wouldn't do so it's nice to have volunteers!

This is my favorite picture--and we have many versions of it. This is the 1st time the kids rode the Frog Hopper and they loved it. Lily is on the end holding on for dear life. Hunter is in the middle (red tank top) screaming in delight. They rode this multiple times and Lily started trusting the bar more. :)

"I want Bumblebee!" is what Hunter shouted as he ran toward the yellow bumper car. It looked like a lot of fun!

Hunter had a couple boring moments waiting for Lily to ride things that he didn't want to try--the Log Ride and Raging River. During one wait, he ran into this dog character.

The Log Ride. Lily looked terrified coming down the hill but she said she liked it. She's riding with Cali, Jaden and Grandma.

The 1st raft at Raging River. Michelle, Steve, Jaden and Cali.

The 2nd raft: Jamie, Anden, Lily, Andrea and Lainey.

I did ride one thing--the Teacups. I regretted it. I felt so sick--it must be the pregnancy. Brian was worried about me riding but it was the last ride so he took pity on me. Ugh. Never again.

2 comments:

  1. Rides that spin like that make me feel sick too....sounds like you guys had a fun day with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your "fun" made you sick! I know what you mran, that spinning is soooo not good! What a fun end of the summer fling!

    ReplyDelete