Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy Times

The last couple of weeks seemed so busy just because of swim lessons every day. I am not used to getting out every day. :) Hunter and Lily did so much better at swim lessons this year. I never thought Hunter would agree to try a back float (after the summer with the teacher who forced him and scared him to death) and he did great. Lily did everything she was asked and loved showing their teacher her skills. :) It was a lot of fun and Samuel was so good!! I thought he'd run around crazy the whole time but we both sat on the sidewalk every day, eating our snack. There was one day that he locked himself in the bathroom stall, though.

Parents are only allowed pictures on the last day of lessons and they don't do normal things so I don't have great pictures--plus my battery died early. This year, they put life jackets on and hung out in 2 different deep ends. It was a lot of fun for them!






Other than that, the last two weeks have just been busy. There are two highlights, though. My 16 week appointment where we heard the heartbeat immediately and it was loud and clear. What a relief. Brian and I didn't say anything beforehand but afterwards we both said how stressful it is to go to these appointments. The fun has been lost but we are looking forward to my ultrasound next month. The other highlight was a shopping trip my Mom and I took to Des Moines. We got school and fall outfits for the kids and I got maternity clothes that I desperately needed. It was an all day trip and when we were done, I could barely walk. It was worth it, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Brave kiddos!! Looks like they had fun! Sounds like a fun shopping trip too! I want to go!!

    ReplyDelete