Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Tuesday

Nichole (Aunt Nikki) came for a visit Tuesday evening. I really should have taken some pictures but I was going downhill by evening and spent most the evening on the couch. The kids, on the other hand, played princess (Hunter and Samuel get swords and are knights!), hide and seek, airplane, school, read tons of books and even got outside. Even Samuel was chanting "Nikki" the whole evening long and was ready to leave with her. It was a good time for the kids and a good break for the parents. :)

After Nikki left, we decided to tell the kids that we'll be having a baby. We had kind of planned on waiting even longer but we have a family reunion this weekend and I didn't know if it would come up there. Samuel wanted to lift my shirt and take a look at this baby. He also said "Boy!". Hunter and Lily were both very nonchalant about it but they seemed excited and have already chosen the gender they prefer (boy for Hunter, girl for Lily, of course). They both were kissing my tummy before bed. It was very sweet. I think adding another person to the family can be a little scary. I remember when I was pregnant with Samuel all the concerns I had about it. I was starting to feel that again. Most important to me is that everyone feels loved and cared for but it's hard to be the "big kid", I think. I am sure it will be GREAT, though. :)

*I really don't plan on a post every day this week but it's been so eventful!*

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how kids react to what we consider big news? If it doesn't affect them today, it's not that big of a deal. I'm sure they will get excited about it as it gets closer

    ReplyDelete