Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Go Figure

I had such a classic moment today. I was feeling pretty good today (I have learned that I must eat a bagel in the morning if I want to feel good) so I decided to tackle a home project. Yes, my house is a total disaster and yes, I should have picked up something. That's not my gift, though. :) So instead I decided to organize something and the boys' room was really bugging me. I emptied the 2 toy bins in the "toy room" and pushed them into the boys' room. So there were toys all over. The so called toy room is pretty much an extension of our living room so the mess is out there for everyone to see. And it was a mess before I emptied 2 gigantic toy bins.

Then I get a phone call. It's my friend Karen and she says, "Can I come over?". Go figure. I wanted to say yes because I hadn't seen her in a month or so and I wasn't that worried about her freaking out but it did give me a moment of panic. I had the kids help me clear a path before she got here. Plus, I had warned her ahead of time. We had a fun time catching up but while she was here AND she put away movies, books and blocks for me. What did I do while she was here? Sit on the couch and eat an apple and granola bar. :) Oh, I am thankful for good friends.

I didn't get back to the boys' room until after supper but it now looks great. I am proud. The rest of the house doesn't look any better but I can walk in one room and feel good.

1 comment: