Sunday, August 30, 2009

Miserable Mommy Moment

I had the unfortunate experience of dropping a crying child off at Kindergarten on Friday. I don't know what happened. Both kids seemed really pumped up on Wednesday--although pretty tired! They got to sleep in and hang out at home Thursday and then back to school on Friday. I don't know if it was knowing how long the day would be or the new kids, new teachers or what but my little Lily cried and cried when I tried to leave--shocking to all who know her because she loves getting out and loves social things! I did my best but I started getting teary (that's a nice way of saying that I was getting ready to sob) so I had to just walk away. Wonderful Mrs. Yount patted my shoulder and went to talk to Lily. Thankfully, my friend Karen was dropping off and leaving at the same time so she pulled me aside in the hallway and prayed for our 3 kids in Kindergarten. I felt unable to move all morning as I wondered how she was doing. After school, though, they came running out and Lily said she loved school and wants to go every day!! :) I am hoping tomorrow goes better but I know we will survive either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment