Sunday, August 16, 2009

Last Week of Summer Vacation!

I can't believe the summer is wrapping up. The summer was just not much fun since I was sick for at least half of it. Still, I don't know where the time went. We have one more week to have a good time and make the most of NO SCHEDULES/ACTIVITIES. Next week we will have orientation at school, their first day, Lily will start dance classes again and we will find out Baby's gender. It's a full week ahead but we have this week to chill out and enjoy sleeping in. Did I mention school starts at 8:15 AM???? Severely early--but they do get out at 3 PM so that will be nice.

Other happenings:
*I wish I had pics from the Sweet Corn Festival because it's the 1st time Samuel rode rides and played games at something like this. He loved it--and he was very adamant about what he wanted to do!! Hunter and Lily, of course, had a great time--they are used to such fun! And they all ate their fill of cotton candy.

*Samuel has his reassessment for speech this week and then he will probably get to stop. YEAH! One less thing on my calendar. He is up to roughly 150 words and putting words together so he's back on track. I credit his siblings--he copies them so much that I think that's what really spurred on his speech.

*Let me preface this by saying that I still get teary about sending my big kids off to school. I do feel good about them going to a Christian school and that it's only 3 days/week but it's still a big change for all of us. However, in all honesty, I am also making plans on my MWFs until the baby comes. I will choose those days to do shopping and go to the library and other errands. I will have playdates with Steph and Karen (their big kids will be in school, too!). One child to cart around--I have never experienced such luxury.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I will be thinking of you when my baby goes off to kindergarden too!!! Unbelievable isn't it??? What fun you will have! I will look forward to more posts especially the one about the gender...you are telling aren't you????

    ReplyDelete