Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Off To School!

Today was the big day!! Hunter and Lily were up early (not as early as Mommy--I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about this big day!!) and excited to head to school. Brian had taken the day off so he could go with us for drop off and pick up. They looked so cute! Lily was a little more apprehensive than Hunter once we got there but, thankfully, no one cried or ran after me! Parents actually got to stay for about a half hour while the kids unpacked bags and got settled so that was fun. We also got to pray for the class with the teacher--made me so happy to be at a Christian school and I really like Mrs. Yount! I managed to hold my tears until the van and Brian tortured me by trying to take a picture of me crying. I can not wait to pick them up this afternoon and hear all about their day. I am bummed it's so rainy because I know outdoor recess would have been a highlight for them!!





Had to get a picture of the shoes--Hunter was so excited to get Sketchers--the only commercial on Saturday mornings, I think. He's been wearing them around the house for days but I wouldn't let him wear them outside until today!

And a picture for Lily's shoes--she wanted to look at all her options before choosing these. :)


They don't serve hot lunch this 1st week so the kids have to pack one--they were so excited to choose what went in it. They will probably take a lunch often!


Samuel wearing his new shoes, too, and ready to go!

Don't they look cute? The class aide, Mrs. Pilling, is in the striped shirt and their teacher, Mrs. Yount, is in the green dress.

Lily finding her seat and getting settled.

Hunter putting supplies in his cubby.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures from inside the classroom. Hope you are having a nice day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the day is here for this! Sounds like you are handling it very well.

    ReplyDelete