Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

What a busy but good weekend. Brian and I had fun going out on Friday night. The fun continued on Saturday because Brian and I got to take a road trip on our own. We followed my Dad, Mom, all 3 of our kids and my niece to Blank Park Zoo. It was a hot, fun time there! We split up afterwards so Brian and I took off for Jordan Creek Mall and the rest of the family went to visit my Grandma. I hadn't been to that mall since my last road trip with Nichole and Sally to visit Lesa so it was a lot of fun! I found the perfect new purse--it's gorgeous. And then we ate at PF Chang's--a lifelong dream. It was worth the wait!! We made it home to swim a bit before taking our crew home to sleep. Sunday, of course, was Father's Day so it was busy but good. We spent some time at Brian's parents' house and caught up on sleep in the afternoon. The kids had written reasons they love their Daddy so much and it was very sweet and funny. He is adored by them!

Walking the swinging bridge in the Amazon.
Riding the train

Feeding giraffes

Samuel wouldn't move from this spot. He loved watching these monkeys. I guess technically they were "Japanese macaques". They looked like monkeys!

Lily and Lainey riding the camel. Lily just loves animals. I didn't attach the picture but she is the only willing one (child or adult!) who would pet the lizard and snake they were showing off. She also pet this gigantic steer that scared me so I didn't want her to get near it but she did.

Being prairie dogs

Feeding goats (and, later, chickens, llamas...)

Hanging out at Great-Grandma Hill's with their new stuffed animal from the zoo.
Cooling off. Samuel is at the water table for his form of swimming.

1 comment: