Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Outings

Brian took pity on me and stayed home Monday. The house was in bad shape. I had done little more than nothing since getting hit by morning sickness. Brian did what he could but in his words, "I am not the organizer.". Samuel had speech coming up (today, in fact) so we had a deadline to get these main rooms presentable. It didn't happen on the weekend since I was gone Saturday from noon to 8:30 for a baby shower. Sunday was out because I paid for the day of travel and road eating with major nausea all the day long. So, Monday, Brian stayed home and announced to us all that if we had things in order by supper, we could go to Coral Ridge Mall for supper and to ride the carousel. It worked! We all worked like crazy helping everyone with their mess. Who knew it would be so simple? I don't remember the last time I was at that mall although the kids went with my Dad for their birthday (November!)--he let them play in the playground, they announced to me. I still hate that playground and don't see why I would want my kids to go in that mosh pit. Anywho, we had fun walking the mall and riding the carousel and eating Panda Express--I've missed that place!! It was a fun reward for our hard work!

Samuel did not want to ride a horse or other animal but he did enjoy the carousel once it started. I let the kids pick one of the rides after the carousel and Samuel did not care for the car he chose once it started moving. He's just like Brian and I--we are not a fan of rides!! Hunter and Lily will have to go with Aunt Andrea or Aunt Lisa for any roller coasters in their future.

Hunter wearing his t-ball outfit--he loves to pick his own clothes--and he HAD to have the dragon, naturally.

Lily picks her own clothes when she realizes Hunter does it but I am thankful she did tone it down for the trip to the mall. She did have a black little jacket on top of this navy shirt, accessorized with every necklace and bracelet she owns. :) Anyway, she was happy to see the zebra.

No comments:

Post a Comment