Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bravery

A few weeks ago, Lily decided she wanted to get her ears pierced. I have no idea where this came from but she asked repeatedly. After dance class one morning, I asked her if she wanted to take dance again in the fall. Her response: "No, I'd rather get my ears pierced." Ha! She was determined. My sister immediately volunteered because she's been wanting to get her daughter's ears pierced. Lily asked multiple times if today was the day Aunt Andrea was taking her to get her ears pierced. At dance class this week, her friend Macie told her, "It hurt a lot. I cried. You should get it done!". It was hilarious. It did not deter my little screamer. Today turned out to be the day! We went to Wal-Mart because the Claire's in town didn't have 2 people working. Lily did not want to go first. Lainey didn't either, for that matter. Lainey was very brave and Lily was excited to go next. She was nervous but when they did it she just said, "Oh, that hurt!" and that was it. No screaming, no crying. I was amazed. The power of prayer!! Both girls are so very proud--and have matching pink heart earrings. :)

Getting ready!

I love this picture of Lainey because you can see the tear in one eye. She didn't make a peep but her expression was priceless!

Lily looking a little nervous!

Here we go! I am smiling widely at her, trying to be positive! Maybe I was more nervous. I don't do shots with the kids--that's why Brian comes to the appointments.

That wasn't so bad! Brave little girl!!

Happy with the results!

Cousin love.





1 comment: