Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to MOPS

This picture sums up Samuel's feelings regarding MOPS. :) No, he was not thrilled to go. It's a new group for us both. He probably doesn't remember ever going to MOPS because we didn't go at all last year. So, I decided I wanted to do a daytime activity w/him and a new group was starting so why not?

I forgot how exhausting it is. Samuel did not cry but he was on the floor, curled into a ball when I left him. When I picked him up, she told me that he never did cry but she considered buzzing me because he hid his face almost the whole time. He did finally perk up when they read stories and he was watching the Veggie Tales movie when I came to get him. He was perky at first, saying he'd go back and had fun eating snack. By the time we got home, though, he told me that he's never going back because it's too hot. :)

Nathan was tough on me because I've never put him in a nursery. I had a hard time keeping him up and then when I got there, I laid him on the floor and he gave me the pouty lip. :( I worried about him! But they told me he had a great disposition (he does!) and he never blinked because he was trying to take it all in. :)

So, we will probably try to go back. I think.

1 comment:

  1. I loved MOPS. It was super helpful to me with my first two children. I belonged and Co-Cordinated a group for 3 years. Then our group dissolved due to the age thing. So, I joined a new one. It was good, but it was a little different fit for me and my life and season took different turns. I highly encoourage mom's to join MOPS. It was a blessing and helped me become the mom I am today.

    Try it again.

    ReplyDelete