Friday, June 25, 2010

No Lie


This kid here started potty training himself. No lie. I had made some attempts but it was hard trying to balance baby-care and potty training. We talked about it a lot but he was very resistant when we brought it up. His exact words were, "Me HATE the potty.". Then, yesterday, he told me that he wanted to sit on the potty. I was like, yeah, whatever... Hunter was reading me his story so I just told him to take his pull up off and sit down. Well, he did--he went from little potty to big potty repeatedly (stark naked!) for about 45 minutes. Then, I peek in at him (he did NOT want me in the room and I was so hopeful at that point, I was okay w/that) and I see him going!! Wow! I asked him if he went and he said no. I showed him that he did and congratulated him and he wanted none of it!! He finally did pick some gum and stickers (I was ready) but didn't want to tell anyone (I didn't tell him I had already sent out a mass text).

He went again last night and then today, he woke up dry and went to the potty. He is not wearing a pull up right now and I am okay with that because he's been to the potty a couple times and has gone. I can't even believe it. And I was worried--not really but I was feeling the pressure to get him trained. He was the same way w/the pacifier--I didn't think he'd ever give it up but one day he just said he was done. This is even better than giving up the paci, though. He has told me a couple times that he is a BIG BOY. Yeah!!

*Disclaimer: I realize things could change at any second. I did tell him we will NOT be buying any more pull ups. We'll see if we can make this stick.*

No comments:

Post a Comment