Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ICM

Today, Brian took off work to go with us to the Iowa Children's Museum. I had gone with the twins' kindergarten class for their field trip and we all had a great time and wanted to go back right away. Well, we ignored the school bus, the long line, the closed area (due to the field trip) and just concentrated on having a good time. We went to the places that were open, ate lunch and then went back to play in the area that had been closed.

Well, Samuel started acting a bit funny at that point. He laid on the floor by my bench and fell asleep. Really, I just thought he was tired. He doesn't take a nap every day but he does have days where he gets pretty tired and fall asleep anywhere. Suddenly, he flipped over onto his back and threw up. Since he was on his back, it spurted up and fell back onto his face. He couldn't open his eyes and he was screaming. Ugh. Thankfully, Brian was right there since I was feeding Nathan. Well, as Brian is trying to clean this up, Samuel throws up again right onto Brian. Then Hunter comes up, hopping around and says he has to go potty. Chaos! A woman sitting behind me stood up and offered to hold and feed Nathan. I hesitated just a second and she assured me she was a nurse. :) So I handed him off and took Hunter potty.

Well, we got things cleaned up and headed right home amidst many tears and disappointed faces. I felt bad for us all! Samuel is still not feeling well--still throwing up. Poor guy!


Samuel flying a plane.

Posing in the "knight's castle", as the kids call it. Samuel said this was his Henley (my sister's family) pose. I don't know why he thinks that but we thought it was funny.

Nathan and I rode the carousel. He wasn't impressed but he didn't cry. He didn't sleep at all but was such a good baby the whole time. :)


The aftermath. Yes, I took a picture. I wasn't embarrassed at all--these are the memories that stick with you!

Here are my poor kids when we told them it was time to go. They asked why. Hello?! Your brother just threw up on the carpet. Ha! Now we have to go back again.

1 comment: