Friday, September 7, 2012

Field Trip Fun

This week was a little different but it felt just as long and full as a regular week!  Monday was Labor Day and Brian worked so the rest of us hung out at my parents' house all day.  It was an important day to the kids because it was the last day to swim in my parents' pool!  

On Tuesday, Brian was off work so I planned our week to account for that.  Samuel got to do his work with his Daddy {his most favorite person ever} so that was exciting for him!!  We did the basics and then filled in our afternoon with a fun field trip.  1st up, the library (which we just don't go to enough).  Nathan enjoyed being able to sit at computers:

Samuel found some Little Critter books (he's really into those right now).

We then headed to the Science Station because I just bought a family membership--good timing!  Samuel dug up some dinosaur bones:

The twins played in front of the funny mirrors for the longest time.  I'm posing here with Lily:

Nathan found cars (made of legos) and that was his main focus.  He could have played here forever!

This is Hunter with the police puppet (hmmm, maybe this is where his sudden desire to be a policeman came from?) but all 3 of the "big kids" put on puppet show after puppet show for me.  :)

Wednesday was then disrupted because I had a doctor appointment in the morning.  My Dad watched the kids but my Grandma was visiting so she got her fill of them!   

We did get {mostly} everything done that I had planned for this week.  Hunter and Lily made collage clowns, just like Picasso did.   


They also made crowns as their souvenir from South Korea.  Admittedly, I have no idea why crowns??  But, we went with it.  They really enjoy the study of different countries, especially when we read about the children's lives there.  Our food was a Korean beef recipe I found and it was pretty good--kids weren't too impressed but they are picky!


Samuel is still going strong with his All About Reading lessons--he is very motivated by the sticker chart!  He rhymes constantly now and we've actually moved on from rhymes but he still tries to rhyme everything I say. Ha!  We finished his 2nd chapter in math and are working on counting but we did a game of shape bingo just to review (it's more fun than a workbook!).

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Week! My kids loved the Korean Beef. I had forgotten all about that!!!! :) We are picking back up again with Expedition Earth a week from Monday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete