Saturday, September 15, 2012

Running Around

 Finally getting to blog about our 4th week of school.  This week was insanely busy and I can't wait for things to calm down!  On Monday, we went to Samuel's speech appointment, home for lunch and then off to the apple orchard for a field trip.  It was fun.  Miss Granny Smith and Miss Sweet 16 were great tour guides and the kids enjoyed it.  They did split up the group by age so the twins weren't with the rest of us.  I think Samuel may have participated more if Hunter was with him but he did all right.  Don't you love the picture I got of them?


Samuel patiently waiting for the twins' tour to end.  Miss Granny Smith came and sat by him on the swing when I walked away and he actually answered her questions!  I was amazed because he doesn't care to talk to most people.


On Tuesday, we had a chance to get school work done before my afternoon dentist appointment.  Wednesday, Lily had her monthly book club and it's across town so the boys and I decided to spend our wait trying out a couple parks.  The boys were thrilled and Lily had a great time spending an hour and a half with just girls!  :)
Thursday, the speech people that work with young ones for free came to the house to check on Nathan.  He amazed me by waiting for them at the door and then running in to sit down when they walked in.  He's usually not so enthusiastic!  He did great and I see improvement in his speech.  We then had a full day at home, which was so needed.  Especially because Thursday nights are our busiest!

Friday, we did school in the morning and then headed to see my parents who were back from a trip.  We ended up spending most the day there so we didn't get the rest of our school done until Brian got home from work.  But it got done and we had a fun day!

Our Bible curriculum was talking about "belief glasses" this week and the kids had just gotten these from a kid's meal.  It was perfect timing--very useful to make the point!  

We talked about plate tectonics this week and used eggs to demonstrate.  That meant we had to be make deviled eggs (Hunter's favorite food!).  Lily's shirt is the one she made at book club, fyi.  :)

We were in Japan this week for geography.  We enjoyed our {pretend} stay.  The origami was a huge hit and I think I may have found my gift.  Ha!  The twins each chose a project to showcase.  Here's Hunter's penguin:

And Lily's pigeon:

Saturday brought more busyness, which is why this blog hasn't been done yet.  Brian and Hunter participated in a parade with some Scouts.  It was a lot of fun--a nice day, kids got lots of candy and it was jsut something different to do.  

After this, my Mom and I took all the kids shoe shopping for the cooler temps we'll be getting next week.  Ugh, we don't do that again soon.  Here's a random pic of Nathan because he was so darn cute wearing this {empty} backpack to my parents' house.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment