Friday, August 31, 2012

Normalcy

I feel like we are settling into a normal routine here!  It feels good since I don't like chaos.  Mondays are still rough--at least this upcoming Monday is a holiday so I can skip it!  Just a few pictures of the week (I didn't pick the camera up much):

Samuel finished his 1st math chapter!  For a "test", he made a shape animal (he chose cat).  He's been doing really well with his Kindergarten work (= math, handwriting and reading program) in the morning.  He doesn't participate much in the afternoon but I'm not pressing him on that right now.  He LOVES All About Reading and the sticker he gets to put on the chart every day.  He is a rhyming machine now!  :)

We were in China this week for Geography.  What a great curriculum this has been!!  We had a lot of fun pretending to be in China each day, ending with some yummy Chinese food tonight.  Their souvenir was a Chinese fan and the kids loved this craft.


Otherwise, we have been keeping busy with all of our subjects.  Some days I wonder how we'll get it all done but we do (without stress!) so I'm happy with how it's going.  We are reading Pollyanna right now and that's been a really fun book for us (free for the Kindle!).  

I had Playstation passes that expired today so we got to use those this week.  I said it was a gym field trip.  :)  Any outing is now a field trip--ha!  

Hunter's Scouts started back up and Brian is his den leader this year.  They have been working on the chess belt loop as I type this.  Hunter loves it and I think it's really made him happy to have Brian lead this year.

Lily started gymnastics--same night as Scouts so it's nice to get it all done in 1 night!  She seemed happy with it after her first night.


10 days of school done!  Not bad at all.  I'm still pretty tired but I feel like things are running smoothly.  I've relaxed on some topics and reminded myself that the lesson plan is not as important as their understanding.  I'm sure I'll need to remind myself of that again.  Happy Weekend!!!

1 comment: